At this very moment, you may be thinking: “What the hell is kohlrabi?” Well, kohlrabi is like a cross between a cabbage and a turnip. It’s a bulbous vegetable that sprouts dark green leaves, which are also edible. The crisp sweetness of the apple and carrot balances the slight pepperiness of the kohlrabi. It’s a dish that you’ll truly love.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Total Time: 10m
- 2 small kohlrabi bulbs, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 large Fuji apple, cored and cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 c shredded carrots
- 1/4 c fresh tarragon leaves
- 3 tbsp. raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- Add the sliced kohlrabi, apple, and shredded carrots to a large bowl. Mix together and then incorporate the tarragon leaves, sunflower seeds, and lemon zest.
- Drizzle the olive oil and lemon juice over the salad, and then season with a pinch of sea salt and pepper.
- Gently toss the salad, taste, and adjust seasonings as needed. Serve and enjoy.