This is about as simple as it gets when it comes to making something that tastes delicious. You taste the inherent sweetness of the sweet potato, but the spicy kick at the end will keep you awake. You don’t have to use the coconut flour, but it can help to bind the grated sweet potato together.
- Prep Time:5m
- Cook Time:10m
- Total Time:15m
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and grated
- 2 tbsp. coconut flour (optional)
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- A little olive oil for sauteeing
- Add the grated sweet potato, coconut flour (optional), and spices to a bowl. Mix well before making a few thin patties.
- Heat about 1 tablespoon of olive oil in large pan over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the sweet potato patties and cook for about 5 minutes on each side. This will ensure that they are golden brown and thoroughly cooked.
- Remember, don't flip the sweet potato cakes too early. They will break if that aren't properly browned.
- Serve with some homemade guacamole or some crisp salad greens. Enjoy!