- 2 lbs fresh pumpkin, cut into bite sized pieces (butternut squash can also be used)
- 1 c green lentils
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 c vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. sea salt (or more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 c plain non-fat Greek yogurt (leave out if Vegan)
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a 4qt slow cooker, combine all ingredients except yogurt and cilantro. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- When ready to serve, top each serving portion with an heaping tablespoon of yogurt and some fresh cilantro. (Leave yogurt out if Vegan).