The beautiful thing about the slow cooker is that you add all of the ingredients to it, leave it in there for a few hours, some magic happens, and then you have a meal later. This vegan recipe is rich in anti-inflammatory foods, including broccoli and turmeric, which are beneficial for people with arthritis or other inflammatory conditions.
- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 3h
- Total Time: 3h 20m
- 2 tbsp. vegan butter
- 4 c of leeks, chopped
- 2 tbsp. ginger root, peeled and grated
- 8 c broccoli florets
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 6 c low sodium vegetable stock
- Warm the vegan butter in a large pan over medium heat until the butter is melted. Add the leeks and saute for about eight minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and transfer the cooked leeks to your Crockpot. Add the remaining ingredients to the Crockpot, cover, and cook on low for about 3 hours.
- When the soup has finished cooking, use an immersion blender to blend the soup until creamy. If you don't have an immersion blender, transfer the soup, little by little, to a regular blender and blend until creamy.
- Ladle into bowls and top with freshly chopped cilantro (optional).