Who’s ready for pumpkin recipes??? We’ve been ready since the year started! This pumpkin pie oatmeal is like having dessert for breakfast, only you this recipe contains tons of fiber, protein, and healthy fats. Most of the nutrients come from steel cut oats, which are much healthier than regular oats. They can be a bit grainy, but the slow-cooking takes care of that.
The great thing about this recipe is that you can put all of the ingredients in your Crockpot at night, and your breakfast will be ready in the morning. Grab a bowl in the morning and fill it up with creamy, pumpkiny oatmeal.
- Prep Time:10m
- Cook Time:7h
- Total Time:7h 10m
- 1 c steel cut oats
- 2 1/2 c filtered water
- 1 1/2 c unsweetened almond milk
- 1 c pumpkin puree
- 3 tbsp. grade A maple syrup
- 1 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- dried cranberries (optional topping for serving)
- Coat your Crockpot in a little bit of coconut oil to avoid sticking.
- Add all of the ingredients to the Crockpot and mix well. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours.
- Spoon into a bowl and top with optional dried cranberries. Enjoy!