This recipe is going to kick up the heat because the hot chili sauce is fire! There are subtle hints of bold spices that keep you coming back for more!
Note: Photo does not look like the final result. You have to dress those noodles with the sauce.
- Prep Time: 20m
- Total Time: 20m
Raw Hot Chili Garlic Sauce
- hot chilies, chopped (to taste)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. Himalayan salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. coconut crystals (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 1/2 tbsp. raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 c raw cashews, soaked until soft, rinsed and drained
For The Cucumber Noodles
- 4 medium to large cucumbers
- 1 young Thai coconut, flesh from (about 1 cup and save the water)
- 4 limes, juice and zest
- 1/4 c coconut water (from above coconut)
- 1 tsp. fresh grated ginger
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tbsp. black sesame seeds
- 4 scallions (green onions) thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp. Himalayan salt
For The Noodles
- Start by peeling and cutting the cucumber in half (in the middle). Slice cucumbers into noodles using a mandolin or cheese grater. Carefully slice the cucumber over the blade just until you get to the seeds. Stop and do the other side. Then finish with the two sides that haven’t been done yet. Treat the cucumber like it is square and you are slicing all 4 sides down to the seeds. Set the core aside as you will be adding it to the dressing.
- Set noodles in strainer to let excess water drain.
For The Dressing
- Place two cucumber cores, cashews, coconut, lime juice (not zest), coconut water, chili garlic sauce and cumin into a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Stir in zest, black sesame seeds and onions. Pour over noodles and mix well.
For The Chili Sauce
- Put all ingredients in food processor and pulse until a coarse texture is achieved. Let stand for 30 minutes to meld flavors. This is hot so use sparingly.