- ½ medium butternut squash
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp. shredded coconut
- ½ tsp curry powder
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp ginger powder, or fresh minced
- splash of water
- 1 tsp. agave nectar
- sprouted green lentils for garnish
- Seed one half of a medium butternut squash and remove the skin--either with a sturdy peeler or skin it with a knife.
- Then use a spiralizer or peeler to make noodles. Place the squash “noodles” in a mixing bowl, drizzle with olive oil, and add salt. Toss to coat and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine shredded coconut, curry, chili, and ginger. Stir to mix. Add a splash of water and mash mixture with a spoon or fork.
- Add coconut mixture and agave to the squash noodles. Toss with a fork to mix evenly.
- Serve Curried Butternut Squash à la carte, or alongside a simple salad of romaine lettuce tossed with a sweet and sour dressing (olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and agave).