Butternut squash has an inherent sweetness that pairs well with bold flavors like curry powder and ginger. Add the optional spinach leaves, pumpkin seeds, and sliced mushrooms to this “pasta” for extra nutrients.
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 10m
For the Butternut Noodles
- 1/2 medium butternut squash, halved lengthwise
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tbsp. freshly shredded coconut (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. ginger powder
- splash of water
- 1 tsp. agave nectar
- 1 c raw spinach leaves
- 1/2 c mushrooms, sliced and stems removed
- 1/4 c raw pumpkin seeds
- Remove the seeds from half of the butternut squash and peel the skin.
- Using a spiralizer, make the butternut squash into noodles. Place the squash noodles in a mixing bowl, drizzle with olive oil, add sea salt and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Combine the optional grated coconut, curry powder, chili, and ginger in a small bowl and mix well. Add a splash of water and mash the mixture with a spoon. Add this mixture to the butternut noodles and toss to evenly coat the noodles.
- Add in the optional toppings to add more nutrients and textures to your dish.