A dish doesn’t always have to be complex or difficult to make in order for it to taste amazing. This easy peasy cheesy dehydrated broccoli fits that description. The hardest part of recipes is waiting the 10-12 hours that it takes to dehydrate. Yes, lovely people, dehydrating takes that long, but we promise that the juice is worth the squeeze. All you have to do is put the broccoli in the dehydrator in the morning and they’ll be ready by dinnertime!
These dehydrated cheese broccoli bites make for a great, healthy snack. It’s so much better and more enjoyable to eat these as opposed to raw broccoli florets. The reason for that is due to the sauce, in which you toss the broccoli prior to dehydrating the florets. The sauce has a cheesy quality because of the nutritional yeast, but it also has salty and sweet notes from the coconut aminos. The hemp seeds provide protein and fiber, but you can opt to use cashews if you have them on hand. Alternatively, leave out the hemp seeds or cashews completely! What these ingredients do is help thicken the sauce, but the majority of the flavor comes from the other ingredients.
- Prep Time:10m
- Cook Time:10h
- Total Time:10h 10m
- 1 lb broccoli
- 2 tbsp. coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/4 c hemp seeds
- 1/2 c water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- Rinse the broccoli and cut into florets. Place in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Prepare the cheesy sauce by adding the rest of the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Taste the sauce and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Pour the sauce all over the broccoli florets and and toss to coat all of them thoroughly.
- Place the broccoli florets on silicone dehydrator sheets and dehydrate at 115º F for 10-12 hours. Remove the broccoli florets from the dehydrator once they are crisp and crunchy.
- Enjoy immediately and store leftovers in an airtight container. Consume within a week.