Perfectly crunchy kale chips can be tricky to achieve, unless you are using a dehydrator. The dehydrator is the secret to crunchy kale chips that you will never want to stop eating. Don’t tell anybody the secret, okay? Let’s just keep that between us.
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 4h
- Total Time: 4h 15m
- Juice and pulp of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 tbsp. raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 large bunch kale
- Whisk all of the ingredients, except the kale, together in a large mixing bowl. Set this aside.
- Wash and dry the kale. Remove the thick stems and tear the leaves into chip-size pieces (that is a different definition for everyone, so whatever size chips you enjoy eating).
- Add the kale pieces to the bowl and use a spoon or spatula to coat the kale pieces in the marinade. You can also use your hands if you like.
- Spread the kale leaves out in a single layers on your dehydrator sheets. Put your dehydrator on 115 or low and place the sheets in the dehydrator for about 4-6 hours, or until crispy.
- You will know when the kale chips are done because they easily snap in half. Enjoy!