This recipe from Organic Lifestyle Magazine is such a great combo of kale and onion that we couldn’t resist. Whether through arugula, radish, garlic, or onion, we love adding heat to our salads. It gives the dish an exotic bite that can’t be replicated with a simple iceberg get-up.
The vinaigrette is nice here too. Dijon is such a great ingredient. It’s all-natural, fat free, and is a great source of tangy goodness. Unfortunately, the honey means you can’t have this salad on the cleanse, but if you swap out the honey with Grade B Maple Syrup, you’ll be golden.
- 2 c of kale cut into 2 in strips
- 1 onion – cut in half and then thinly sliced
- 1 c raw almonds, sliced
- 3 peaches sliced
- 3/4 c gold raisins (no preservatives or added sugars)
- 1/2 c apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. ground mustard seed
- 1 1/2 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. grade A maple syrup
- First, prepare the greens by cleaning and chopping the kale.
- Next, slice the peaches and the onion, and toast the almonds and slice them.
- Prepare the vinaigrette.
- Keep whisking so that the ingredients mix properly.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Lastly, combine all the ingredients together by adding the vinaigrette to the kale, peaches, onions, and almonds.
- Toss well and allow the salad for sit for some time before serving. Kale can take a little time to break down and become soft.