We have to warn you about something: your taste buds will forever change after you taste this chocolate spread. Think of this airy, light spread as a healthier alternative to common chocolate spreads that contain palm oil, stabilizers, dairy products, and refined sugars. You can even enjoy this as a fluffy chocolate mousse! But if you don’t want to dive in with a spoon, this spreads easily on fruit, or morning toast.
The coconut milk is the reason that this chocolate spread is so creamy. Make sure to purchase full-fat coconut milk in order for this chocolate spread to achieve that luxurious texture. In case the spread thickens too much and hardens in the fridge, you can warm it up in the microwave for ten seconds to melt it slightly. Just don’t microwave it for too long or you’ll ruin the texture and flavor. There’s nothing worse than the flavor of burnt chocolate. Additionally, if you don’t want to use coconut sugar, you can substitute raw agave nectar for it. Make sure to look up a replacement guide to ensure that you don’t make this overly sweet. Finally, this is nut-free, which is not typical of chocolate spreads. Enjoy this dessert!
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- Serves: 8 servings
- Category: Desserts, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
- 1 (15 oz) can coconut milk
- 4 tbsp. cacao powder
- 4 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend for one to two minutes.
- Spoon the mixture into an airtight container and place in the fridge so it can set up. This may take about two to four hours.
- It will keep fresh in the fridge for up to one week.