Lemon is not the first fruit you grab when it’s time to make a smoothie. This citrusy, vitamin C-packed fruit helps to hydrate the body and promote waste elimination. It does this by increasing saliva production, which encourages the production of more digestive enzymes. The more digestive enzymes that you have in the gut, the easier it is for the body to break down food. We really hope you enjoy this smoothie, which actually tastes like lemon meringue pie!
- Prep Time:5m
- Total Time:5m
- 1/2 c peaches, sliced and frozen overnight
- 1/2 c pineapple, cubed and frozen overnight
- 1/2 c mango, cubed and frozen overnight
- juice of 1 large lemon
- 1/2 tbsp. lemon zest
- 3/4 c homemade almond milk
- 1 tbsp. ginger root, freshly grated
- 1/2 tbsp. raw agave syrup
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. You can add a little more homemade almond milk or a splash of water if you desire a thinner consistency.
- Pour into a large cup and enjoy immediately.