Ice cream is a staple in many people’s daily eating routine. Sitting on the couch watching TV is a with a pint and as spoon is a common nightly occurrence. It’s incredibly unhealthy to do this because consuming that much dairy adds unnecessary calories and fat to your diet. Eating that much dairy can cause mucus accumulation in the body, and it also increases the risk of chronic inflammation. Not to mention, it’s very easy to gain weight when you consume full-fat dairy products like ice cream.
For this recipe, you don’t need dairy. In fact, you only need fresh ingredients that refresh the body on a warm summer day. Additionally, you want feel lethargic, bloated, or gassy when you enjoy this ice cream. It’s a guilt-free treat that utilizes one of summer’s classic produce items: cherries. And if you know anything about anything, cherries pair perfectly with chocolate. The bananas offer a complementary sweetness to the tart cherries, but they also add a luxurious, creamy texture.
- Prep Time:5m
- Total Time:5m
- 3 c banana chunks, frozen overnight
- 3 tbsp. maca powder
- 1/2 c cacao nibs
- 1 1/2 c cherries, pitted and frozen overnight
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and blend until you get a smooth sorbet or ice cream-like consistency.
- You will most likely have to stop blending several times to scrape down the sides of the processor. This will make it so that all of the ingredients thoroughly blend together.
- Spoon into a bowl and enjoy immediately. You can also spoon the mixture into a freezer-safe vessel and allow it to freeze for another hour before serving.