One of the most common questions we receive in regards to the raw food diet is, “Can I eat pickles while cleansing?” If they are store bought then cleansers cannot eat them, but people can eat them when they are made with quality, cleanse-approved ingredients. Be warned that once you make this batch, you may want to make another, and another, and another!
- Prep Time:5m
- Total Time:5m
- 1 1/2 c filtered water
- 3 tbsp. raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. black peppercorns
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 6 fresh sprigs of dill
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 large English cucumber, sliced into rounds or spears
- Add the water, cider vinegar, sea salt, peppercorns, garlic, dill, and bay leaf to a large jar (about 1 quart) and stir to combine.
- Place the sliced cucumbers into the jar and screw on the lid. Shake to combine.
- To get the best flavor, it is best to refrigerate the jar for at least two days. The pickles will keep in this jar in the fridge for up to one week.