Who doesn’t love a delicious and nutritious green smoothie? When you drink a green smoothie, you just feel good about the food that you’re putting in your body. No need for green powders, protein powders, or other supplements when you use real ingredients! This smoothie, for example, only contains six ingredients, all of which provide different essential vitamins and minerals. Some even contain protein and healthy fats!
This green smoothie is energizing because it delivers a boatload of nutrients in one large cup! Consuming any green smoothie, so long as you don’t dump sugar into it, can help lower the risk of age-related illnesses like dementia. Leafy greens, such as spinach, kale, collards, or lettuce, contribute to healthier bones and better immune and brain function. Spinach, for example, contains an assortment of antioxidants, fiber, calcium, and iron, and eating more of this green can help regulate blood pressure levels.
The reason that we included Granny Smith apple in this smoothie is because they are more nutrient-dense than regular Red Delicious apples. Granny smith apples contain more fiber, minerals, and vitamins, and they may enhance metabolism. Some studies note that these apples may improve the overall appearance of your skin, and may help get rid of dark circles under your eyes! Will this smoothie do all of that and more? Well, try it out and let us know!
- Prep Time:5m
- Total Time:5m
- 2 c spinach
- 1 small banana, peeled, sliced and frozen overnight
- 1 small green apple, cored and cubed
- 1 orange, peeled
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 1/2 c homemade almond milk
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. It may take one or two minutes to achieve a creamy texture.
- If the smoothie is too thick, you can add a splash of water or more homemade almond milk.
- Pour into two large cups and enjoy immediately.