Invite more health in the form of fresh seasonal ingredients to your holiday season with this fall and winter fruit salad. It makes for a nourishing breakfast, snack, or simple dessert at your holiday spreads. Made with the juicy, sweet fruits available in late fall and early winter, this fruit salad doesn’t include any added sweeteners. That’s perfectly fine because this salad is an explosion of textures, flavors, and colors!
There are many reasons to love this fruits salad. We think that you will keep this your recipe rotation throughout the season for the following reasons:
- This fruit salad is very easy to make because all you need to do is peel and cut up the fruits and toss the ingredients together.
- It makes for a light dessert after a heavy night of festive eating.
- How can you not love delicious, colorful, seasonal fruits that are naturally rich in fiber, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and more?
- This salad makes for a great snack and you can bring it to a potluck dinner party.
- It is a great way to get the kids to eat more fruit, especially varieties that may not be familiar to them.
- You can customize the recipe by adding your favorite seasonal fruits.
When it comes to making a fruit salad, you want to use fruit that is fresh and crisp. Skip overripe fruits or ones with bruises because they will not hold up in the mix. Because this fruit salad is free of added sugars, make sure to use ripe fruit to ensure that each bite has optimum sweetness. Finally, make sure to thoroughly wash your fruit prior to combining the ingredients together.
- Prep Time:15m
- Total Time:15m
- 4 Fuyu persimmons, peeled and cubed
- 5 kiwis, peeled and cubed
- 1 pomegranate, arils removed
- 2 pears, cubed
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 2 apples, cored and cubed
- Make sure that you thoroughly wash and dry the fruit prior to cutting it all up.
- Once all the fruit is sliced, cubed, or chopped, add everything to a large mixing bowl and mix to combine. If you are feeling zesty, go ahead and squeeze some fresh lemon juice and zest some of the peel to go on the fruit salad.
- Mix well and place the fruit salad in the fridge for about 20-30 minutes before serving. Enoy!