Persimmons are some of the most underused fall produce items. Some people are scared of them and other simply don’t know what to do with these sweet fruits. The beautiful rich orange enhances the the appearance of a simple salad, and it elevates the flavor profile. The citrusy dressing sets all the flavors off and makes each bite better than the next.
Note: If you can’t find pea shoots, just omit that ingredient and add an extra cup of arugula instead.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Total Time: 10m
For the Salad
- 3 c arugula
- 1 c pea shoots
- 1 persimmon, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 c pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 c raw walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 c raw pumpkin seeds
For the Dressing
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- Prepare the dressing by whisking all of the ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Add all of the salad ingredients to a large bowl and roughly mix to combine.
- Drizzle your desired amount of dressing over the salad and then toss to ensure all the ingredients are coated. Serve and enjoy.