You can’t go wrong with a quesadillas…you just can’t. This recipe is all about the freshest ingredients, which is why we encourage you to head to your local farmer’s market to select the necessary produce items. A local grocery store will suffice, but the farmers provide the freshest, and often organic, produce for less than what grocery stores charge. Support your local farmers!
- Prep Time:15m
- Cook Time:20m
- Total Time:35m
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 c red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 c zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 c yellow squash
- 1/2 c red onion, chopped
- 1/2 c mushrooms, chopped
- cooking spray
- 6 (10-inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
- Warm the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat and then add the red bell pepper, zucchini, yellow squash, onion, and mushrooms. Cook these veggies for about 5-7 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Spoon the vegetables into a bowl and keep them at the ready because you are about to make the quesadillas.
- Drizzle a tiny amount of olive oil in the same pan you just used and place it over medium heat. Place one tortilla in the pan and sprinkle about 1/8 cup of cheese on one half of the tortilla. Take 1/2-3/4 cup of the veggie mixture and spread them into an even layer on top of the cheese. Sprinkle another 1/8 cup of cheese on top of the veggies and fold the half with nothing on it on top of the veggies and cheese.
- Flip the quesadilla over so that the other side can brown and you can evenly melt the cheese into the vegetables. Cook for about one minute, remove from the pan, and cut into three triangles with a knife or pizza cutter.
- Repeat this process for the remaining tortillas and then enjoy! You should be cooking the quesadillas for no more than 2 minutes per side.