Anytime you eat a large meal that puts you into a food coma, you need to detox in the following days. The only way to do that is by replenishing the body with nutrient-dense foods that are easy to digest. One of the best ways to do that is via smoothies and soups. Smoothies are pre-digested because all of the ingredients are blended, meaning your body doesn’t have to work to digest and absorb the nutrients from those foods.
This smoothie contains tons of antioxidants, immune-boosting properties, and lots of fiber and protein. Oh, we forgot to mention the healthy fats, hydrating compounds, potassium, magnesium, and iron. That makes this smoothie a nutritional powerhouse that is perfect after any big meal. Slurp it down the morning after you stuff your face to encourage healthy elimination.
- Prep Time: 5m
- Total Time: 5m
- 1 c baby spinach
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 Persian cucumber, chopped
- 2 c honeydew melon, cubed
- 1 banana, frozen overnight and chopped
- 2 c homemade almond milk
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until you get a smooth consistency.
- Pour into two separate cups and drink it all up. Let your body absorb those nutrients!