Fibromyalgia is a chronic disorder than is accompanied by musculoskeletal pain. Fatigue, sleep troubles, memory problems, and mood swings are several common symptoms. Research has shown that turmeric may help reduce the pain and discomfort associated with fibromyalgia. Just make sure to season the soup with black pepper because that helps the body absorb turmeric efficiently.
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Total Time: 20m
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 inch piece of ginger root, peeled and chopped
- 1 inch piece of turmeric, peeled and chopped
- 4 c low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 stalks of scallions
- Warm the coconut oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat and then add the ginger and turmeric.
- Cook for a couple minutes and then add the vegetable broth and black pepper. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to low. Add the scallions, cover, and simmer for about 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the soup into a blender and blend until smooth. Pour the mixture into a bowl through a fine mesh sieve. Enjoy!