It’s time to reimagine the sandwich for the sake of the raw vegan diet. We have a classic definition of what a sandwich is, but a sandwich can come in many forms. For this recipe, we are using apple slices as the bread. The spread is the cashew butter and the “meat” is the blueberries. Sure, it’s not traditional, but it’s an incredibly nutritious snack that offers protein and energy during your cleanse.
The thing to keep in mind about these raw vegan apple cashew butter sandwiches is that you don’t want to go crazy with the cashew butter. You should only spread a small amount of cashew butter between the apple slices. The more cashew butter you use, the more calories and fats you consume. You’ll be surprised how easily you can fill up with just one of these sandwiches. Lastly, don’t make your apple rings too thick because that will make eating this sandwich extremely difficult. Aim for each apple slice to be about 1/4-inch thick.
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 1/2 c raw cashew butter
- 1/2 c blueberries
- Core the apples and slice each one into 1/4-inch thick slices as best you can. The slices should look like little bagels, but in fruit version.
- Use a butter knife to spread a small amount of cashew butter (about one tablespoon or less) on one slice.
- Place a couple blueberries on the cashew butter and then sandwich it with another apple slice.
- Repeat this process until you have made a bunch of little sandwiches.
- If you have leftover apples, save them for a smoothie or just snack on them later.