Let’s not waste any time tip-toeing around this recipe. We want to get straight to the point because this is a sauce you need, even if you don’t know it yet. You simply blend fresh herbs, tahini, lemon juice, and olive oil together to create an aromatic sauce that can be enjoyed in many ways. If you are not cleansing, dip some warm pita bread in it or slather it on a sandwich. If you are cleansing, pour it over a salad or use it as a dip for raw vegetable sticks.
The best thing about this lemon tahini sauce, besides the flavor, is the luxurious, creamy texture. The tahini provides a hint of nuttiness, which pairs well with the earthy, fresh, savory herbs. If you happen to have an herb garden with parsley, chives, and cilantro, clip them, rinse them, and add them to this sauce. If you don’t have an herb garden, head to the grocery store, where you may have to get the other ingredients in this recipe.
Inspired by Middle Eastern/Mediterranean flavors, this sauce is truly a notch above other competitors. Trust us when we say you will want to spread this on everything you eat, or almost everything. It pairs well with raw vegan foods or post-cleanse dishes. For example, you can pour it over your favorite salad, or drizzle it over
- Prep Time:5m
- Total Time:5m
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 c parsley
- 1/4 c chives
- 1/4 cilantro
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 c lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c raw tahini
- 1/4 c filtered water water
- Add the garlic, parsley, chives, cilantro, sea salt, lemon juice, and lemon zest to the bowl of a food processor. Blend until roughly chopped.
- Pour the olive oil and tahini into the food processor and continue blending until smooth.
- While you are blending, pour in the cold water and blend until combined. If you want a thinner sauce, add a couple more tablespoons of water.
- Serve immediately with fresh veggies or pour over a salad. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for five to seven days.