When the weather is warm, you don’t want to eat a heavy meal that weighs you down. The goal is not to sweat after enjoying a meal! That’s why these raw vegan lettuce wraps are perfect for warmer summer days. You can enjoy two or four of these without feeling bloated or tired. Allow the fresh, crispy vegetables to nourish and energize your body while filling you up at the same time.
These wraps are all about simplicity. They are light, clean, and easy to make. We have a list of ingredients that go in the wraps, but you can use raw vegan ingredients that you enjoy. If you want to shred some zucchini and use it in place of the cucumber, make that ingredient swap. You can add sliced bell peppers if you want a complementary sweet and crispy ingredients. If you have time on your hands and want to make a raw vegan hummus recipe (click here), spread that on the lettuce leaves and before you add the rest of the ingredients.
The kicker in this recipe is the fresh radish. Because of the inherent peppery flavor, it’s important to slice the radishes very thinly. That’s why it’s best to use a mandolin instead of a knife. And be careful with those fingers! Lastly, this recipe calls for butter lettuce, but you don’t have to use them if you have another lettuce on hand. Romaine, red or green leaf lettuce, or even cabbage leaves are great alternatives.
- Prep Time:20m
- Total Time:20m
For the Wraps
- 6 leaves butter lettuce
- 1 cucumber, julienned
- 1/2 c carrots, julienned
- 1/2 c cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 c cilantro sprigs
- 1 c purple cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 c radish, thinly sliced
For the Sauce
- 2 tbsp. raw tahini
- pinch of chili powder
- 2 dates, pitted
- 1 tsp. coconut aminos
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Water, as needed to make it creamy and smooth
- Prepare all of the ingredients and create an assembly station to make your lettuce cups.
- Once you have all of the ingredients prepped, set them aside and quickly make your sauce.
- For the sauce, add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. If you need water, you can add a little bit as a time to thin the sauce to your desired consistency.
- Pour the sauce into a serving bowl.
- Assemble the lettuce wraps and plate them. You can either drizzle the sauce over the wraps and serve them like that, or you can plate the wraps with the sauce in a serving bowl for a more self-serve option. Enjoy!