Sandwiches don’t need to have meats, cheeses, or chemical-filled condiments. You can make a healthy vegan sandwich with some of your favorite veggies. We enjoy adding sprouts because they add a nice crunch; plus, they are a great source of plant-based protein.
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- Serves: 2 people
- Category: Entrees, Vegan, Vegetarian
For the Dressing
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1/4 c chopped parsley
- 1/8 c chopped tarragon
- 3 tbsp. chopped chives
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
For the Sandwich
- 1 carrot
- 1 radish, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 c sprouts
- 4 butter lettuce leaves
- 1 ripe tomato, sliced
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- Add all of the dressing ingredients to a blender and blend away until you get a smooth consistency. Pour into an airtight glass jar to store because you will have extra dressing.
- After you prep the veggies, toast the bread. Assemble your sandwich the way you want. We recommend spreading the avocado on the toasted bread and then layering your ingredients as you like.
- Drizzle some of the dressing on the sandwich before adding the top piece of bread. Enjoy!