Fuji apples may be our favorite apples in the grocery store. They are juicy, sweet, and beautifully crisp, which pairs well with the walnuts and romaine. It’s the raw rendition of the classic Waldorf salad!
- Prep Time: 10m
- Total Time: 10m
For the Salad
- 1 romaine heart, chopped
- 1 c red or green seedless grapes, halved
- 1 c celery, thinly sliced
- 1 large Fuji apple, sliced into thin matchsticks
- 1 c raw walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 c raw parsley, chopped
For the Dressing
- 1/2 c grade A maple syrup
- 1/2 c raw walnuts
- 1/4 c raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. ground mustard seed
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- Toss all of the salad ingredients together in a large salad bowl and set aside while you make the dressing.
- Add all of the dressing ingredients, except the oil, to a high-speed blender or food processor. Start blending and slowly drizzle in the oil until you get your desired consistency. If it is too thick then you can add a little more oil.
- Pour your desired amount of dressing over the salad and toss to coat all of the ingredients. Serve and enjoy.