Who has been to a juicery, smoothie shop, or grocery store to purchase an immunity or wellness shot? Sure, it’s a magical combination of powerful ingredients, but it can be quite pricey. Buying these shots regularly may make a hefty dent in your bank account as well. Why spend $4-$5 per shot when you can easily make a lot of them at home for a fraction of the cost?
Both lemon and ginger work to improve immune function, helping it combat viruses, bacteria, and other foreign invaders. These two ingredients may also enhance energy levels and boost metabolism. Ginger is rich in anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, and helps to improve brain, heart, and immune function. Many people also brew ginger root into a tea to soothe digestive discomfort or relieve sore throat.
Lemons also contribute to healthy immune function because of their high vitamin C content. Additionally, they promote detoxification and pH balance. The cayenne is the unsung hero of these shots, though, as it zaps these shots with flavor. Cayenne pepper helps reduce inflammation and may provide relief to upset stomach, coughs, or colds. Lastly, cayenne promotes healthy circulation in the body, benefiting anyone with circulatory issues. So if you need a shot of wellness, these shots are you one stop shop!
- Prep Time:7m
- Total Time:7m
- 1/4 c raw ginger root, washed & chopped
- 1/2 c freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 pinch ground turmeric
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp. raw agave nectar
- First off, make sure that you don\'t peel the ginger root. Add it to a high-speed blender and blend on high until you see fine pieces.
- Pour the lemon juice, cayenne, turmeric, and agave into the blender and continue blending until you get a cloudy mixture.
- Stop blending and then pour the mixture through a fine mesh sieve, pushing the pulp against the screen to get the most juice possible.
- You can save the pulp if you want and add it to a smoothie within 24 hours, as long as you refrigerate the pulp.
- Store the juice in little shots in the fridge for up to a week, or you can pour the juice in an ice cube tray, freeze, and use whenever you want.