Summer is a time for sunbathing and all of the fun activities that come with that, but it is also a season that offers gorgeous produce. Peaches, in addition to other stone fruit varieties, are the freshest, juiciest, and tastiest during the summer months. Naturally, we had to create a smoothie recipe that showcased the sweetness of summer peaches.
We do think it is important to inform you that this smoothie exhibits and intense ginger flavor. Don’t fear that zesty, pungent, almost peppery flavor of ginger, though, because the peaches and banana provide complementary sweetness. Plus, the smoothie also contains raw agave nectar, which provides an additional layer of sweetness. To round out the creamy and sweet flavor profile, you have the addition of homemade almond milk. Not only does this give the smoothie a lovely, creamy consistency, but it helps to dampen the intensity of raw ginger.
In order to achieve a thicker consistency, you should peel, chop, and freeze the banana pieces overnight. Frozen banana will give your smoothie the optimal consistency. Should you choose to freeze your peaches prior to blending them, use a fresh banana in your smoothie. If the smoothie is too thick, you can always add a little more homemade almond milk. If you find that the smoothie isn’t thick enough, add some ice and blend until you deem it ready.
- Prep Time:5m
- Total Time:5m
- 2 peaches, pitted and cubed
- 1 banana, peeled, and frozen overnight
- 3/4 c homemade almond milk
- 1 tbsp. raw agave nectar
- 2 1/2 -inch knob of ginger, peeled and diced
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Make sure to adjust the thickness of the smoothie to your liking.
- Pour into a large cup and enjoy the refreshing, sweet flavors on a hot summer day.