Photo Credit: Vegan Richa
Flours 4 oz Jar
- 1 tsp. Ground cashew (or almond or other nuts)
- 1 tbsp. Buckwheat flour (or sorghum or amaranth flour)
- 1/8 tsp. Baking powder
- pinch Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. Flaxmeal
- 2 tbsp. Ground raw sugar
- 1/8 tsp. Ginger powder
- 1/8 tsp. Cinnamon powder
- pinch Cloves powder
- 1/2 tsp. Blackstrap molasses
- 1 tsp. Chopped candied ginger (optional)
- 2 tsp. Coconut milk or almond milk or non dairy yogurt
- 1 tsp. Oil (melted coconut or vegan butter or canola)
- 1 Drops of lemon juice or vinegar (optional)
- Drop the molasses into the jar and spread at the bottom.
- In a bowl, mix all the flours and the other dry ingredients. Add to the jar, add some candied ginger.
- Close the lid and keep ready.
- Add 2 tsp coconut milk, 1 tsp oil and a drop of lemon juice to the jar.
- Mix well to combine.
- Mix well to incorporate the molasses, else the molasses will make some hard honeycomb at the bottom.
- Bake for 19-20 minutes at pre-heated 375 degrees fahrenheit, then serve warm topped with Vanilla Ice cream.
If you do not have gluten-free flours like rice, buckwheat, use 1.5 Tablespoons ground Oats(or Spelt flour) + 1.5 Tablespoons ground almonds to replace the flours.
Variations: Substitute the non dairy milk with pumpkin puree or applesauce.
You can omit the molasses from the packed jar and add with the wet ingredients. Change instructions to accordingly.