The holidays are difficult to navigate if your goal is to remain healthy. Different sweets, treats, and other tasty temptations try to lure you in with their enchanting smells and flavors. How can you resist these classic flavors? You don’t have to resist them; rather, you can create healthy renditions of holiday treats. As long as you have the flavors, you’ll enjoy the recipe.
Such is the case for this raw vegan gingerbread smoothie, which tastes like a platter of holiday cookies. The best part about this recipe is that you can enjoy it guilt-free. You don’t have to judge yourself for taking another sip because you’re supposed to finish the entire glass! Please enjoy it and some of our other healthy holiday creations this holiday season.
- Prep Time: 5m
- Total Time: 5m
- 1 banana, peeled and frozen overnight
- 1/2 c homemade almond milk
- 1/4 avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp. raw agave nectar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ginger powder
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- ice or water to desired consistency
- Add all of the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Depending on the consistency you prefer, you may need to add more or less ice or water. If the smoothie is too thin, add some ice cubes. If it is too thick, add a little more water.
- Pour into a large cup and enjoy. Top with a dash of cinnamon for extra holiday flair.