This is not something you should consume every day. It contains several ingredients that we qualify as “treat yo self” ingredients. You can back pocket these fritters for lazy Sundays or a family brunch menu.
- Prep Time:15m
- Cook Time:15m
- Total Time:30m
- 1/2 c white rice flour
- 1/2 c brown rice flour
- 1 tsp. gluten free baking powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 organic eggs (or vegan egg substitute)
- 1/2 c unsweetened almond milk
- 2 c organic frozen corn
- 1 red pepper diced finely
- 6 scallions/spring onions finely chopped
- 1 bunch freshly chopped cilantro/coriander leaves
- 4 tbsp. cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 2 mashed avocados seasoned with lemon juice, sea salt and cracked pepper
- 2 finely chopped organic tomatoes
- If you have a cake mixer, you can use that, but a bowl and whisk works just as great. Beat the eggs and milk in your mixer for a minute, and then slowly add in the flours, baking powder, and paprika. Don't overwork the ingredients or they will become runny. Gently fold in the vegetables and herbs until you have a batter. You may need to add in a little more white rice flour to thicken it.
- Don’t make the mixture too thick or stiff because this can make the fritters hard to cook evenly. Season the batter with sea salt and pepper to taste. You might like a bit more heat, so you can add a little cayenne pepper if you want.
- Fry the fritters in a skillet with a little bit of olive oil for about 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Serve and enjoy!