This is not something you should consume every day. You can back pocket these for lazy Sundays or a family brunch menu.
- 1/2 c white rice flour
- 1/2 c brown rice flour
- 1 tsp. gluten free baking powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. Celtic sea salt
- 2 organic eggs (or vegan egg substitute)
- 1/2 c almond milk (could use rice milk or hemp milk)
- 2 c organic frozen corn
- 1 red pepper diced finely
- 6 scallions/spring onions finely chopped
- 1 bunch freshly chopped cilantro/coriander leaves
- 4 tbsp. cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 2 mashed avocados seasoned with lemon juice, sea salt and cracked pepper
- 2 finely chopped organic tomatoes
- If you have a cake mixer, you can use that, but a bowl and whisk works just as great. Beat the eggs and milk in your mixer for a minute, and then slowly add in the flours, baking powder, and paprika. Don't overwork the ingredients or they will become runny. Gently fold in the vegetables and herbs until you have a batter. You may need to add in a little more white rice flour to thicken it.
- Don’t make the mixture too thick or stiff because this can make the fritters hard to cook evenly. Season the batter with sea salt and pepper to taste. You might like a bit more heat, so you can add a little cayenne pepper if you want.
- Fry the fritters in a skillet with a little bit of olive oil for about 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Serve and enjoy!