The golden milk trend has made it to the land of chia pudding, people, and we couldn’t be happier about it! Turmeric is one of our favorite anti-inflammatory foods, and consuming it with black pepper, which is in this pudding, can increase the body’s ability to absorb curcumin by 2,000 percent.
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- 1 c cashews (soaked in water for 2 hours and then drained)
- 2 c filtered water
- 2 tsp. freshly grated turmeric
- 2 tbsp. grade A maple syrup
- 1 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- pinch of ground ginger
- 1/3 c chia seeds
- After draining the cashews, add them and the rest of the ingredients, except for the chia seeds, to a blender and blend for about one minute, or until smooth. This is the golden milk.
- Pour the golden milk into a medium bowl and slowly whisk in the chia seeds. Let it sit for five minutes and then mix again to ensure that there are no clumps of chia seeds.
- Portion the golden chia mixture into two jars, cover them, and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove one in the morning for breakfast, or take it out during the day for a nutritious snack.