The golden kiwi doesn’t get a lot of love, despite the fact that it has a variety of nutrients. Aside from the color difference, the golden kiwi has smoother skin, fewer seeds, and a sweeter flavor than the regular green kiwi. On a nutritional level, the golden kiwi has more vitamin C than the regular green kiwi. In fact, one golden kiwi has three times more vitamin C than an orange does!
Golden kiwi may be the featured ingredient in this smoothie, but we can’t ignore the other two ingredients: pineapple and turmeric. Pineapple contains beneficial digestive enzymes, vitamin C, and antioxidants that boost immune function. Turmeric needs no introduction. It’s a heavy hitter in the world of health and wellness. It’s known for the anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties, and everyone should include it in their diet.
- Prep Time:5m
- Total Time:5m
- Serves: 1 serving
- Category: Full Body Cleanse Approved, Smoothies & Juices, Raw, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
- 3 golden kiwis, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 c pineapple, cubed and frozen overnight
- 1 -inch piece of fresh turmeric root, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 c water
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- If the smoothie is too thick, you can add a little more water and blend. If you it is too thin, you can add some ice cubes and blend until your desired consistency is reached.
- Serve and enjoy.