Supporting cardiovascular health and rich in powerful phytonutrients, fennel is not a common salad ingredient for most people. Fennel has a slight licorice flavor, which pairs well with the other flavors in the salad. Don’t be afraid to get experimental and try out this salad!
- Prep Time: 10m
- Total Time: 10m
For the Salad
- 1/4 c raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 large beet, shredded
- 1 carrot , shredded
- 4 kale leaves, stems removed & thinly sliced
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 3 tbsp. raisins (unsulfured and free of preservatives)
- 2 tbsp. goji berries (optional)
- 1 tbsp. fennel fronds, diced (optional)
For the Dressing
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. raw apple cider vinegar
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 tsp. raw agave syrup
- 1/2 tsp. ground mustard seed
- Add all of the salad ingredients to a large bowl and mix well.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and then drizzle it over the salad. Mix well to make sure all the ingredients are coated in dressing.
- Eat right away or cover with plastic wrap and let the flavors intensify in the fridge for 30 minutes.