If there were ever a time to enjoy a green smoothie, it would be during the holidays. Despite the classic holiday song, this smoothie is not a mean one. It is not as vile as a crocodile, nor is it as rugged as a heel. This smoothie easy to make and kid-approved, well, we hope it is! Green Grinch smoothie is truly the opposite of every child’s favorite holiday villain. Just trust us when we say it is a great gift to give yourself, but we can’t promise that it’ll make your heart grow three sizes.
This is not a candy cane smoothie, a pumpkin pie smoothie, or a gingerbread cookie smoothie. We’ll save the desserts for desserts and focus on getting more nutrition during the holidays with this green smoothie. After all, something has to try to balance out holiday cookie platters and carb-centric buffets. If you want to make the smoothie a little more festive, decorate the top of the glass with fresh raspberries. That may entice the children to drink this lovely green creation!
Unlike other green smoothies, we feel that this recipe is very balanced. You don’t have a combination of arugula, kale, celery, apples, and carrots; rather, this contains spinach, pineapple, mango, bananas, and homemade almond milk. Spinach makes the smoothie green, but you don’t taste it because the other ingredients have such sweet and tart flavor profile. The homemade almond milk ties everything together and makes it wonderfully creamy and nutritious.
- Prep Time:5m
- Total Time:5m
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 c mango, cubed and frozen overnight
- 1/2 c pineapple, cubed and frozen overnight
- 1 1/2 c baby spinach
- 2 c homemade almond milk
- fresh raspberries (optional topping)
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. You can start with one cup of the almond milk and add up to two cups, depending on the consistency you prefer.
- Pour the smoothie into two cups and top with optional fresh raspberries. Enjoy immediately.