If you’re looking for an easy-to-make bowl of plant-based deliciousness then you have stumbled on the right recipe. Every bite of this bowl is packed with nutrients that the body needs, and the cilantro sauce ties everything together.
- Prep Time:10m
- Cook Time:30m
- Total Time:45m
For the Bowl
- 1 c cooked brown rice
- 1 c kale cooked with lemon and garlic
- 1/2 c organic canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 c roasted Brussels sprouts
- 1 avocado sliced
For the Sauce
- 1/2 c raw cashews
- 1/2 c water
- juice of half of a lime
- 1/2 tsp. lime zest
- 1 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1/4 tsp. each of sea salt and pepper (or to taste)
- In a high speed blender, blend all of the sauce ingredients until smooth. If you do not own a high speed blender, you can soak the cashews in hot water for 10 mins before blending. Sauce will last in the fridge for about 3 days.
- To cook the kale, sauté in some olive oil with some freshly minced garlic. Once cooked, drizzle with a little lemon juice.
- To roast Brussels sprouts, halve them, coat with a little olive oil and sea salt & pepper, and roast in the oven at 425 degrees for about 20-25 minutes.
- Arrange ingredients in a bowl to your liking and top with the cilantro sauce.