Eggplant is an excellent brain food, it is low in cholesterol, and it is rich in fiber and antioxidants. There aren’t a lot of purple vegetables out there, so make sure you take the opportunity to make this dip and fulfill your goal of eating the rainbow!
- Prep Time:5m
- Total Time:5m
- 3/4 lb eggplant, grilled
- 2 tbsp. tahini
- the juice of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- drizzle of olive oil (optional topping)
- chopped parsley (optional topping)
- When you grill your eggplant, make sure to let it come to room temperature before you blend it into this dip.
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until you get a smooth consistency, or you can leave it chunky. Add a little water if necessary to make the blending process easier.
- Empty into a bowl and serve with carrot, celery, and bell pepper sticks.