When you make this recipe, make sure not to slice the eggplant too thin. If the slices are thin, they cannot support the toppings.
Photo Credit: Garden In The Kitchen
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 12m
- Total Time: 17m
- 1 large eggplant
- 1/2 c fresh corn kernels, cooked
- 1 large tomato, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 c organic canned black beans, warmed
- 1 c shredded vegan cheese
- 1 tbsp. olive oil, for brushing
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 handful of fresh cilantro
- First off, preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Slice the eggplant into half-inch thick pieces and set them aside.
- Lightly brush both sides of the eggplant slices with the olive oil and cook on your grill over medium flame (about 3 minutes per side). You can also use a cast iron grill pan. Place the eggplant slices on a baking sheet when finished grilling.
- Combine the cooked corn, tomato, beans, cilantro, and sea salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mix all the flavors together and spoon a little bit of the mixture onto each eggplant slice. Top with shredded vegan cheese and bake for about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve with lime and avocado (optional).