One of the best ways to do sweet potato fries is to grill them. You get that beautiful smoky char that creates a wonderfully crisp exterior with a soft and luscious interior. You can serve these grilled sweet potato fries with condiments if you like, but trust us when we say that you won’t need any.
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Total Time: 30m
- 2 lb sweet potatoes, cut into 3/4"-thick wedges
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- pinch of sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat your grill to high heat.
- While the grill is warming up, add the sweet potato wedges to a large mixing bowl, drizzle with olive oil, and season with smoked paprika, cumin, sea salt, and black pepper. Toss to ensure all the sweet potato wedges are coated.
- Grill the sweet potatoes until they are fork tender, flipping every few minutes so that they cook evenly (about 12-15 minutes).
- Remove the wedges from the grill, plate, and enjoy.