These grilled vegetable kabobs have everything that’s great about summer. Colors, bright flavors, grill marks, and some great summer produce items like mushrooms and zucchini. The herbs that coat the kabobs heighten the flavor profile and make for an aromatic dish. If you feel like adding some flare, squeeze half a lemon over the kabobs and hit them with a few dashes of red wine vinegar. Take them to the grill, get those char marks, and make it a social affair.
- Prep Time:30m
- Cook Time:15m
- Total Time:45m
- 2 small or 1 large zucchini, sliced into 1/2 inch thick pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1 – 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 small or 1/2 of a large yellow, orange or green bell pepper, cut into 1 – 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 of a large red onion, cut into 1 – 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 8 oz mushrooms, large ones cut in half
- 1 1/2 c of cherry tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. dry herb mixture
- 2 tbsp. fresh herb mixture (thyme, rosemary, parsley, green onions, dill)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Cut all the vegetables into the appropriate size, so that they all cook at the same rate. Place all the vegetables in a large bowl. Add the olive oil, minced garlic, dry herbs, fresh herbs and minced garlic. Mix to combine.
- Thread all the vegetables onto metal or bamboo skewers. You can place them on the skewers in any order, just make sure to end the skewer with a pepper or a mushroom. The zucchini, tomatoes and onions may slide right off and then can go between your grill grates when you're flipping them over or taking them off the grill.
- Preheat your grill on high for at least 15 minutes, covered. Clean the grill grates and then use a wad of paper towels dipped in oil and a pair of tongs to brush over the grill grates several times.
- Place the kebabs on the hot grill, decrease the heat just a bit to medium high and grill for about 15 minutes total, just until the vegetables and mushrooms are tender and as golden as you like them to be.
- Garnish the grilled kebabs with more fresh herbs and sea salt and black pepper.