You should be capitalizing on the plentiful summer squash varieties, which include the versatile zucchini. Bust out the grill and show people what creative, healthy cooking is all about. They’ll realize that healthy food is not bland or boring!
- Prep Time:10m
- Cook Time:6m
- Total Time:16m
- 4 small zucchini, sliced into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, for brushing zucchini rounds
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 c shredded vegan cheese like "Daiya"
- 1 (14oz) can organic unsalted black beans, drained
- 2 small tomatoes, diced
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 c cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Put the sliced zucchini chips into a large bowl and toss with olive oil, sea salt, and pepper. Fire up the grill to medium heat and allow 2-4 minutes for it to warm up.
- Place the zucchini on the grill or in a grill basket on the grill. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until zucchini are nice and tender. Remove from the grill and scatter across a large plate. Sprinkle cheese directly over zucchini chips and allow the cheese to melt.
- Top with black beans, tomatoes, avocado, green onion, cilantro, and serve with the lime wedges, so you can squeeze them as needed. Enjoy immediately.