The sad reality about eating a healthy breakfast as an adult is that they are boring meals. There’s nothing fun about a bowl of oatmeal, flax seed cereal, or half of a grapefruit. Even green smoothies get boring! That’s why you have to get creative and make breakfast a more enjoyable, fun experience. How can you make breakfast enjoyable and fun, kid friendly even? Well, you do what any logical person would do and make smoothie pops!
We all love sipping a refreshing green smoothie, but there’s no pizzazz involved. Smoothie bowls and acai bowls have their appeal, but can take a long time to make if you don’t have the right blender. Get some silicone or plastic popsicle molds and simply pour a green smoothie in the molds. Don’t forget to put the popsicle sticks in before you put them in the freezer! We’ve made that mistake before.
The great thing about smoothie pops is that you can make them at night and put them in the freezer over night so that they are ready for breakfast. It’ll feel like eating dessert for breakfast, only you will be eating lots of beneficial nutrients.
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- 1/2 c frozen blueberries
- 1 banana, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 c frozen mango
- 1/2 c spinach
- 1/4 c raw hemp seeds
- 1/4 c chia seeds
- 3/4 c homemade almond milk
- 20 -25 fresh blueberries
- Add all of the ingredients, except the fresh blueberries, to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into your popsicle molds. Place about 5-6 blueberries in each mold, pressing them down so they are in different areas of the pop.
- Place your sticks in the pops and place them in the freezer overnight. Enjoy the next day for breakfast!