We know what you might be wondering, and yes, this healthy cranberry sauce is just as delicious, if not more delicious than the sugar-laden, unhealthy canned counterpart. This recipe is extremely versatile, and it is gluten-free, vegan, paleo friendly, and dairy-free. You’re going to love it!
- Prep Time:5m
- Cook Time:10m
- Total Time:15m
- 12 oz fresh cranberries, rinsed
- 1/4 c freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3/4 c unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 c grade A maple syrup
- 1/4 c coconut sugar
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- Add the orange juice, apple juice, maple syrup, and coconut sugar to a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Let this mixture come to a boil before whisking in the cinnamon and sea salt.
- Pour the cranberries into the saucepan and reduce the heat to low heat. Simmer uncovered for about 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Don't be afraid of the popping noises, which indicate that the cranberries are bursting.
- Remove the cranberry sauce from the heat and gently mash the sauce with a potato masher. The more you mash, the less chunky it will be.
- Place the saucepan back on the stove to simmer for another 3 minutes. Turn off the heat but don't move the pot. Let the pot sit there uncovered for 20-30 minutes to thicken the mixture.
- Serve and enjoy. Any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days.