Some people live by the motto, “You are what you eat.” Well, if this is true then most kids are walking sugar cubes, assuming that kids still eat sugar unhealthy snacks with artificial flavors. To help break this mold, here is a super easy recipe that makes tasty and healthy fruit roll-ups.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 3h 30m
- Total Time: 3h 40m
- 4 c raw diced mango (about 3 mangos)
- Preheat the oven to 175ºF and line two rimmed baking sheets with Silpats or parchment paper.
- Puree the mango in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Divide the purée evenly between the two prepared pans, and using an off-set spatula, spread the purée as flat and as evenly as possible until it's about 1/8-inch thick.
- Bake the purée for 3 to 4 hours. The fruit roll-ups are done when the purée is dry to the touch and pliable. If the bottom side of the roll-ups is still wet after some time, flip the roll-ups over and continue baking them until they are fully dried.
- Remove the roll-ups from the oven. Place a piece of wax paper on top of the roll-ups and then peel off the wax paper and the roll-ups together. Cut the sheet into long strips and then roll up the strips.