Pumpkin spice is in the air. We can literally smell it coming out of every coffee shop in the city. To enjoy a healthier pumpkin treat, eat this pumpkin chia pudding. It serves as a healthy dessert and a nutritious breakfast.
- Prep Time:20m
- Total Time:20m
For the Chia Pudding
- 4 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 c organic, unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. organic 100% maple syrup
For the Pumpkin Mousse Layer
- 1/2 c raw cashews, soaked in hot water for 1 hour then drained
- 5 tbsp. organic coconut milk
- 4 tbsp. organic pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 1/2 tbsp. organic 100% maple syrup
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- chopped walnuts (optional topping)
- dash of cinnamon (optional topping)
- Combine the chia seeds, almond milk, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and maple syrup in a bowl and whisk until everything is mixed together. Then place the bowl in the fridge to allow it to firm up (about 30min).
- Add the soaked cashews, coconut milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and pumpkin pie spice in a blender and blend until everything is completely smooth.
- Take the chia pudding out of the fridge and evenly spoon it into two cups. Put the pumpkin pie mouse mixture on top of the chia pudding. Enjoy!