We can safely say that a lot of Americans prefer drinking soda over water. We can also safely say that excess soda consumption can flood the body with toxins, contribute to diabetes, and cause dehydration. Now, this recipe is a treat and should be treated as such. Drinking this healthy, paleo red soda is not the same as drinking water. This is actually a great transitional beverage for those who finish cleansing and want to drink soda without feeling terrible.
- Prep Time: 15m
- Total Time: 15m
- 1 tbsp. dried hibiscus petals
- 1 tbsp. rosehips
- 1 tbsp. dried licorice root
- 1 tbsp. dried pineapple
- frozen berries (raspberries are best)
- sparkling water
- liquid stevia (optional)
- Add all of the dried ingredients to a spice grinder, coffee grinder, or high-speed blender and pulse to yield a fine powder. Add one teaspoon of this powdered mixture to an empty teabag. You should be able to fill 10 teabags with one teaspoon of the powdered mixture.
- When it's time to make the red soda, add about 1/2 cup frozen raspberries to the glass, along with one tea bag, and fill with sparkling water.
- Occasionally, press the teabag against the side of the glass to help infuse the herbs and more color to the soda. Sweeten with liquid stevia if you choose and serve immediately.