Plantains are common ingredients in Latin American and Caribbean cooking. They are, however, underutilized ingredients in the United States. Let’s change that! Spiced with curry powder and paprika, these chips have rich, fragrant flavors. Let us know how you like this snack in the comments below.
- Prep Time:15m
- Cook Time:20m
- Total Time:35m
- 2 plantains (that are greenish-yellow)
- 1/2 tbsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tbsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 1/2 tbsp. avocado oil
- Preheat your oven to 350º F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Peel the plantains and cut them into thin chips using a mandoline slicer. Place the chips in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the curry powder paprika, sea salt, and avocado oil. Pour this mixture over the sliced plantains and toss to evenly coat the slices.
- Arrange the plantains on the baking sheet in an even layer and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove when done, allow them to cool, and enjoy.