Not only do rainbow carrots make for a stunningly colorful side, but they are also naturally sweet with robust flavor. These carrots don’t require much seasoning because the point of this dish is to highlight their inherent sweetness. This dish does call for some fresh sprigs of thyme, which is an aromatic spices that complements the sweet flavor profile.
If you leave a small amount of the green tops one, this will look like a restaurant quality dish. You want to cook them long enough so that they are perfectly tender and caramelized. They go great as a colorful, healthy Thanksgiving side, but you can enjoy them whenever you like. Just make sure to make a large batch if you make them for Turkey Day because they’ll be gobbled up quickly. That pun was 100% intended.
- Prep Time:10m
- Cook Time:25m
- Total Time:35m
- 2 lb rainbow carrots (with tops)
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- Preheat the oven to 425º F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Wash and peel the carrots, leaving about one inch of greens on the tops.
- Arrange the carrots on the baking sheet, drizzle the olive oil all over, and season with sea salt and black pepper. Gently mix and then throw the sprigs of thyme on top of them.
- Roast them in the oven for 20-30 minutes, pulling them out to stir every 10 minutes. The carrots are done when they are caramelized and fork tender.
- Remove from the oven and discard the sprigs of thyme. Serve them on a large platter and enjoy.