- 1/2 c quinoa
- 1 c water
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 tsp. thyme, divided (oregano would be good too)
- 1/2 tsp. teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. ground chipotle pepper, optional
- 1 can (15 oz.) white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 c corn, fresh or frozen (about 1/2 fresh corn off the cob)
- 1/2 c red bell pepper, finely diced (about 1/2 bell pepper)
- 1/2 c shallot, finely diced (about 1 medium) or red onion
- juice of one lemon
- 1/3 c flour
- 1 egg
- mineral salt & cracked pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Prepare quinoa as instructed on the package but add garlic powder and 1 tsp of thyme.
- While quinoa is cooking, prepare your corn, shallot and red pepper. Be sure to dice your onion and red pepper fairly fine, they should be about the same size as the corn kernels.
- Next, mash your beans. I mashed about 3/4 of the beans leaving a quarter of the batch whole or somewhat whole.
- Once quinoa is ready, add the quinoa to the beans along with the shallots, red pepper, corn, remaining 2 teaspoons thyme, smoked paprika and optional chipotle powder and lemon juice. Mix well. Add in the flour and egg, mix well again.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and more of the other spices.
- Divide and flatten into 4 patties.
- Bake i the oven at 375 degrees on a greased or parchment lined cookie sheet for 30 minutes, turning once after 15 minutes. I also added a sprinkle of himalayan salt to the top before baking.