Veggie burgers often have a bad reputation because people think they don’t have flavor. Additionally, a lot of veggie burgers contain a long list of processed ingredients. That’s why it’s best to make veggie burgers from scratch. They are surprisingly easy to make, and when you have a recipe like this, you won’t stop eating them!
- Prep Time:20m
- Cook Time:30m
- Total Time:50m
- Serves: 4 servings
- Category: Entrees, Vegetarian
For the Burgers
- 1/2 c quinoa
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 tsp. thyme, divided
- 1/2 tsp. teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 (15 oz.) can organic white beans, drained and roughly mashed
- 1/2 c freshly cooked corn
- 1/2 c red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 c shallot, finely diced
- juice of one lemon
- 1/3 c whole wheat flour
- 1 organic cage-free egg
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 Sprouted Wheat Burger Buns
- 2 c spring mixed greens
- 1 Roma tomato, sliced into rounds
- 1 c alfalfa sprouts
- 1 avocado, pitted and thinly sliced
- Preheat your oven to 375º F.
- Prepare the 1/2 cup of quinoa per the instructions on the package, but add garlic powder and 1 tsp of thyme. Adding spices to your quinoa is the best way to avoid blandness.
- While the quinoa is cooking, prepare your corn, shallot, and red pepper.
- Place the mashed beans, corn, bell pepper, and shallots in a large bowl and, once quinoa is ready, add the quinoa as well. Season with the remaining two teaspoons of thyme, smoked paprika, and lemon juice. Mix well and stir in the flour and egg. Mix well again.
- Season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
- Using your hands, form four round patties and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Bake the burgers in the oven at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes, flipping once halfway through.