This recipe is going to make you change your opinion on raw cheese. It is absolutely delicious and boasts tons of herbaceous flavors. It is the perfect, vegan-friendly holiday party dish.
- Prep Time: 20m
- Total Time: 20m
- 2 c raw cashews (soaked for at least 3 hours or overnight)
- 3 tbsp. fresly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. virgin coconut oil (solid at room temperature)
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 c dried cranberries, roughly chopped (no preservatives or added sugars)
- Drain and rinse your cashews after soaking them. Add them to a high-speed blender or food processor and pulse with lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, coconut oil, nutritional yeast, sea salt, ground pepper, garlic powder, oregano, parsley, and basil. Blend this mixture until smooth. This could take about 5 minutes or so.
- Spoon the mixture out of the blender/food processor and place it onto some plastic wrap on a flat surface. Don't spread it out; rather, try to make a log.
- Once you have the blended mixture in a log, wrap up the sides of the plastic wrap and roll it up tightly. Place this log in the fridge for at least 6 hours so it can firm up.
- When you are ready to serve your raw cheese log, undo the plastic wrap and place it on a serving platter. Top with the dried cranberries and enjoy with some raw crackers or vegetable/fruit sticks.