Regular fruit leathers typically contain corn syrup, fruit from concentrate, sugar, hydrogenated oils, dyes, and other ingredients that are too difficult to pronounce. That isn’t the case for this apple fruit leather! Apples are plentiful in the fall, so get your hands on some and make this!
- Prep Time:5m
- Cook Time:2h
- Total Time:2h 5m
- 4 c apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 c water
- 1 -2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Place the apples in a medium saucepan and add the water. Bring this to a simmer, cover, and cook for 10 minutes (or until apples are soft) over low heat.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the coconut sugar and cinnamon. Mash the apples and return to the low heat for another 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees F before pouring the mixture into a blender. Blend until you get a smooth consistency.
- Spread the blended mixture onto a bake sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Bake for about 2-3 hours, remove from the oven, and allow it to cool before rolling it up and storing the leather in airtight bags or containers. Enjoy!